We have been working alongside the team at the Business Design Centre and despite the fact they have installed a raft of controlled measures to reduce the risk of transmitting the virus (please see below), the safety of all of our exhibitors, visitors, sponsors, contractors, and staff is of paramount importance to us. Moving the show will give us a better insight into understanding and adapting to the issues in order to deliver an event that all of our participants and the industry expect.
We will be providing regular updates on the event over the coming months, so to be kept abreast of all changes, please register your details.
Business Design Centre Covid-19 Safety Measures
Our host venue, the Business Design Centre (BDC), has been working closely with the Association of Event Venues (AEV) to discuss a new framework for all UK venues. Together, they have created a standard for all venues to adhere to and Caffè Culture 2021 will include a number of measures, which we will update you with when finalised. Take a look at the work the BDC is doing to make it a safe and comfortable place to visit.
These measures provisionally include:
- Extra touchless sanitising machines around the building including on entering the BDC and on registration desks
- Installation of extra hand washing stations, including additional antibacterial soap in toilets
- Cleaning to focus on high level touch areas such as door handles, lifts, toilets etc.
- Installation of physical screens on the reception desk, registration desk, organisers office desk, the service desk and the restaurant
- Thermal forehead temperature scanners available in reception and the loading bay checking everyone’s temperature on arrival.
- Installation of fever detection cameras in reception
- Redesigned floorplans and directional floor graphics including 2m chevrons to help maintain social distancing
- New measures for maintaining social distancing in the restaurant including reduced seating and a new queuing system
- For exhibitors, build-up and breakdown periods will be reconsidered limit the amount of contractors/exhibitors using the goods lifts
- However, we will keep listening to government advice before any new measures are introduced.
We understand how important it is to stay connected with each other during these difficult and unprecedented times. We recently launched our CaffeInsights series, featuring interviews with different businesses owners within our industry, to help keep our visitors informed and inspired. In addition, we will be regularly promoting our Lockdown Offers, aimed at helping connect our suppliers and manufacturers with buyers, ready for a post-COVID world.
On behalf of all of us here at Caffè Culture, thank you again for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you in March..